Bob Dylan and the The Hurricane
Hurricane Bob Dylan
Rocky and Sylvestor Stallone
Ali vs Wepnar Final Round
Stallone was so inspired by the fight that he sat down for three days straight and completed a movie script. Shortly after he was pulled in by his agency for a small part and he decide to offer the script to them and get their views on it. They offered him 25,000 for the script alone, but he would'nt take the deal unless he was able to play the role of Rocky. They eventually gave in to Stallone and gave him a million dollar budget to make it . It was basically filmed with a hand held camera for many of the scenes to keep the budget down. It ended up costing less than a million and earning over 200 million dollars.
Rocky Theme Songs
- Gonna Fly Now was Bill Conti's theme song for Rocky. He had written it and taken it to his friend, Carol Connors and asked her what she thought as he wanted to include some words with the music but could'nt come up with any suitable. The story goes like this, Carol was in the shower when Gonna Fly Now came into her head . That evening she called Bill who immediately liked the words and that is history. The song had thirty words in total when finished. Trivia -- Carol Conners was the lead singer for the Teddy Bears who had the hit song To Know Him Is To Love Him.
- Eye of the Tiger was the theme song for the Rocky III movie which interestingly included a scene where Rocky got thrown out of the ring by a wrestler Hulk Hogan . After Wepner's fight with Ali his career headed downhill and in 1976 Wepner ended up in the ring with Andre the Giant where he was thrown out of the ring. I dont think this is coincidental . Wepner retired from boxing in 1978
- I'm so fast that last night .I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.
- I've seen George Foreman shadow box and the shadow won.
- At home I'm a humble guy, but i dont want the world to know. Humble people ,I've found don't get very far.
- I said I was the greatest , I never said I was the smartest.
- Don't wait for the world to recognize your greatness,live it and let the world catch up to you.
- I am the greatest . I said that before I even knew I was.
- Inside the ring or out , aint nothing wrong with going down. Its staying down thats wrong.
Mohammad Ali and Sam Cooke recording The Gangs All Here
Lawrence Guyot Civil Rights Organiser
said"He was this beautifully arrogant young man. Who made us proud to be us and proud to fight for our rights".